February 18, 2013

It has been a long time since I have posted anything. I am trying to switch from posting on Facebook to posting on my blog. Instead of trying to catch everything back up, I am just going to job into our recent adventures.

We had a last minute visit from Mom and Dad Whiting. I absolutely love spontaneous adventures and was excited to have them come visit for a week. We took a trip to the Oregon Coast and had absolutely lovely weather. It almost felt like summer. Almost. Here are some of the top highlights:





  • Taking my dad to the local Tea Shop for some great herbal tea. Too bad we didn't think to take a picture of my dad pouring his herbal tea into a floral, dainty tea cup. Needless to say, he felt like the odd man out with my mom and Jacquelyn.
  • Staying on Cannon Beach and going for morning walks to find seashells. 
  • Watching Jacquelyn giggle over the birds, animals and beach decor in our hotel room.
  • We had a blast crabbing together and ended up catching one crab that was almost close enough in size to keep and eat. However, Mom had pity on us and ended up buying live crab they had there for us to eat. We ate it there right by the water with the local cat keeping us company.
  • Swimming together, Jacquelyn actual seemed to like it a little bit more. Needless to say, she really enjoyed the warm water after swimming.


No comments:

Post a Comment