July 12, 2011

It's Been Awhile

How do you catch up after so much time has passed? Since February we have celebrated birthday, holidays and SUMMER! We went camping along the Oregon coast. The weather was wonderful and we felt rugged as we biked, kayaked and crabbed. Unfortunately we did not catch a crab that we could eat. We decided next time we want crab, we will go to the store, it is cheaper. We had so much fun getting out in nature. We were also able to catch a Scandinavian Festival and I tried to feel closer to my roots. We decided that we could eat Swedish meatballs anytime. A highlight was going to the Maritime Museum in Astoria. It was amazing to learn how about ships and the culture of Astoria. It was a wonderful trip.


Also we were visited by a dear friend from Utah, VIM! It was so wonderful to have her here.

We celebrated the fourth with family from Arizona as well as took in classic car show. Brayden and I decided ( mostly me ) that I will bring the Woody back in to style. Couldn't you see this driving down the road with kids piled in back? I think so.
Finally, Brayden celebrated his birthday. It was fun to make him feel so special. It started with waffles in the morning and cake at night. Brayden's theme for gifts entailed many recipes and food supplies. He now has a tortilla press, bread book and waffle maker to supply us with many goodies!

1 comment:

  1. Fun post! It is good to know what you guys are up to. I love the pictures, and yes, I can see you with the kids in back of that car! :)

    ReplyDelete